In order to obtain accurate physical "health information", diet before physical examination is actually very important.
Do not drink strong coffee before testing blood sugar
1. Food can directly affect postprandial blood glucose, so fasting blood glucose should be fasted for at least 8 hours. If you take a blood test at 7 am to test your fasting blood sugar, you will not be able to eat any snacks, fruits, or drinks until 10 pm the night before. But during this time, you can drink a little boiled water. It is best to end dinner before 8 o'clock in the evening, and no more snacks after dinner. Blood sugar is unstable, and diabetic patients who use insulin before going to bed can add food as usual.
2. The day before the blood test, the diet should not change much. Do not eat or drink too much, especially do not drink alcohol, and do not eat too greasy or too sweet, too salty food, so as not to affect the test results.
3. It is not advisable to drink strong tea, coffee and other irritating beverages before blood test for fasting blood glucose. If you feel thirsty, you can drink a small amount of plain water, pure water, mineral water, etc., the total amount should not exceed 100 ml.
4. Vitamin C must be stopped 2-3 days before testing fasting blood glucose, otherwise it will interfere with the actual measurement results. Because vitamin C is a very strong reducing agent, it can react chemically with the reagents that test blood sugar and urine sugar, making the blood sugar and urine sugar content tested low.
Before testing blood lipids and blood viscosity, it is not appropriate to arrange vegetarian food on purpose
1. Testing for blood lipids and blood viscosity requires fasting blood. Diet has a greater impact on blood lipids. Within 6 hours of eating fat-rich foods, the concentration of triglycerides in the blood will continue to increase, and will gradually return to a stable state after 6-8 hours. Therefore, testing blood lipids requires fasting for 12-14 hours. Except for drinking a small amount of plain water after 8 o'clock in the night before blood test for blood lipids, you can't eat anything else. Blood test for blood lipids is done at 8-10 o'clock the next morning.
2. 2-3 days before blood test for blood lipids, you should try to keep your original eating habits, avoid eating and drinking, and should not drink alcohol. Of course, in order to ensure the accuracy of the test results, the day before blood drawing should not be arranged deliberately .
Do not eat high-fat and high-protein diet before liver function and kidney function test
1. Don't eat high-fat, high-protein drinks and food 2-3 days before blood test for liver function. Because eating high-fat and high-protein foods will increase the liver's metabolic burden, there may be transient liver function abnormalities, and even high blood fat and high cholesterol results. In addition to diet should not be high protein and high fat within 3 days before the inspection, should maintain normal diet. In addition, it is not advisable to drink alcohol within 24 hours before liver function test, otherwise it will affect the result of liver function test.
2. 3 days before blood test to check renal function, it is not advisable to eat a large amount of high-protein food. Because protein metabolites are metabolized by the liver and excreted by the kidneys. Diet will also affect the test results of kidney function, especially urea nitrogen. After a large amount of protein intake, its content in the blood will increase significantly, and the blood creatinine value will also increase. In order to rule out the influence of diet, you should avoid eating a lot of high-protein foods 3 days before kidney function check.
3. Pay attention to drinking water when checking urine routine. Under normal circumstances, adults should consume about 2500 milliliters of water (including water in the diet) every day, and the amount of urine in a day and night is about 1500 milliliters. If you drink too much water, the urine will be diluted, and the specific gravity of urine will drop. When the specific gravity of urine is lower than 1.010, it will cause the illusion of poor kidney function. Conversely, if you drink too little water and your urine is concentrated, not only will the urine specific gravity increase, but the content of some cells (such as white blood cells, red blood cells, etc.) in the urine will also increase, which will cause insufficient perfusion of the kidney and the illusion of urinary infection.
In principle, some emergency tests require fasting blood draw
Routine blood, dielectric, myocardial enzyme spectrum, troponin, amylase, etc. can be tested for venous blood drawing at any time due to urgent needs. Most biochemical, immunization and radioimmunoassay items such as anti-O, rheumatoid factor, tumor series antigens, hormone determination, AIDS antibodies, etc., in principle require fasting blood in the morning or fasting for more than 6 hours. However, blood tests can be performed at any time when needed in the emergency department.
Examination of electrocardiogram and cerebral blood flow is prohibited within 24 hours
Alcohol can accelerate blood flow and heartbeat, and even induce arrhythmia or arrhythmia. Therefore, alcohol must be banned within 24 hours before the ECG examination to avoid misdiagnosis. After drinking alcohol, the cerebral blood flow diagram will appear to accelerate the cerebral blood flow, causing the illusion of vascular obstruction.
Before ultrasound examination, drink plenty of water to store urine to help accurate imaging
Abdominal B-ultrasound examination should be fasting, the purpose is to reduce the judgment of food on the ultrasound image results after meals, as long as you do not eat breakfast on the day of the examination. Gynecological ultrasound and prostate ultrasound do not need to be fasted, but you must drink a lot of water to store urine before the examination to help accurate imaging.
Gastroscopy Eating less residue and digestible food the night before
In order to clearly see the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, the site to be examined must be kept clean. If you have a gastroscopy in the morning, eat less dregs and digestible food the evening before the inspection, and do not eat food or drinks after 8pm. If you have a gastroscope in the afternoon, do not eat anything for breakfast or lunch.
Source: 99 Health Network